The SSLNet is modelled upon similar initiatives elsewhere in the world to support innovation and collaboration between industry, academia, and government. Benefits of SSLNet membership include:
- Formal relationship with the Impact Centre, its faculty, staff and students
- Opportunities to initiate or participate in collaborative projects including leveraging R&D budgets through additional support from provincial and federal agencies only available for collaborative research projects with academic researchers.
- Availability of photometric, optical modeling and associated facilities for thermal, mechanical and electrical characterization.
- Direct access to intellectual property created within the Impact Centre.
- Periodic seminars, targeted workshops and technology and end-user education
- Access to highly talented pool of young graduates with industry-relevant training.
- Invitation to an annual technology meeting, with talks from industry members, graduate students and expert researchers.
- Promotion of advocacy activities such as standard adaptation for Canadian needs and rebate program support.
Companies and agencies